Precautions As We Resume Operations
Our Commitment to Safety as We Re-open May 18th
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our communities have been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
We at Custom Eyes Optometry would like to inform you that we are resuming operation of our office and are available for your eyecare needs with our normal business hours starting Monday May 18.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our office’s commitment to your safety.
This is a somewhat long email, but the gist of it is that we will be taking many precautions to ensure that our patients and employees are safe, we will be following sanitization guidelines, and limiting the number of people in the office in order to maintain social distancing.
We are following recommendations and guidelines made by the American Optometric Association (AOA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This allows us to make sure that our infection control procedures are up-to-date and enables us to provide the safest environment for our patients and their family members.
We ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office.
- During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and staff.
- Upon scheduling an appointment, a COVID-19 questionnaire will be emailed to you. This questionnaire must be completed before you arrive at the office.
- We will postpone treatment for any patient who has experienced or been in contact with someone who has experienced the following symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled appointment date: fever, cough, loss of taste and/or smell, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, and fatigue.
- If you are over the age of 65 or have preexisting health conditions (as recommended by CDC) such as diabetes, chronic lung disease or asthma, serious heart conditions, are immunocompromised, or chronic kidney or liver disease, we recommend you do not visit the office at this time. If you fall into this category, but need to accompany a child or family member for a visit, please call our office as we will handle this request on a case-by-case basis.
- We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
- Upon arrival at our office, call us or text us at 949-386-2257 before entering the office to let us know you have arrived. We will call or text you once the office is ready for you to enter.
- We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member.
- Every person entering the office is expected to wear a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry.
- Please take your temperature the morning of your appointment. We will confirm no fever with a contactless thermometer upon your arrival.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, charging stations, children’s toys, and so forth, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Clear plastic screens (sneeze guards) have been installed at the front desk to minimize exposure to airborne pathogens.
- Our doctor and staff will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
Thank you for being part of our family dental practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Custom Eyes Optometry
1835 Newport Blvd., Suite E-270
Costa Mesa, CA 92627